Saturday, October 22, 2011

Meet my Mum.....

So I would like to introduce you to my mum.  She is a crazy knitter/crocheter/sewer and general crafty person.  The quilt is a gift from her sister, is over 20 years old, and hangs on her craft room wall.

I remember seeing my mum at her sewing machine as a child, or working on some different knitting project.  There was always hand knits throughout the winter that she had knitted for us.

Well retirement hasn't slowed her, funny I think she is more inspired to knit now for pleasure rather then out of necessity as in previous years.

She has been knitting up a storm for the past couple of years, here are a few of her recent projects.  They are all for sale.  If you would like to purchase then please get in contact with me I will get you in contact with her.


 
She has her hand knits at local markets, in the Southern Highlands including Robertson and Bundanoon which is on monthly. If you would like to see some of her other work.


This is a sweet little cardigan for about a 7 year old.









This is a poncho, possible for a 7 - 10 year old. 




 This last one is a ladies, Size 12- 14.

Well I hoped you liked meeting my mum.  If anyone was wondering where and why I'm crafty, well know you know.  I have no hope  :) it is all in the genes. 

Happy sewing, knitting, painting or whatever it is that gets you creating something.

K x x  

No comments:

Post a Comment