Friday, April 26, 2013

Hooky for the day

I've had my head in a text book for the past week.  

Today....   I just needed a  break and to get out for a coffee and do something different.

So I took off to the shops and thought I would have a little trawl through a couple of Op-Shops.  

My stash - the shoes are Kumfs and hardly worn & a couple of dress patterns all in my size. Cant go wrong with that.


The cotton fabric is lovely about 2 meters - I might have a crack at making a blouse.  

I'm all inspired after watching the Great British Sewing Bee.  I'm sharing the link, just in case you don't know how to find it on you tube.




Reality TV love it or hate it?  But this one is about something i'm interested in, oh and the people involved in the program are talented and it's relatively short - 4 episodes.  No dragging on for weeks on end...  

I love that one of the contestants was 81 years old and the rest all in between and they show you what they are up to after the show.  

Did I mention I really enjoyed it?  LOL 

So as I said.....  I thought I might have a crack at sewing something other then a quilt or patchworky stuff..  if that makes sense.  So fingers crossed.  I have a little collection of different fabrics happening and now some patterns.  

Anywhoo back to the books tomorrow.  Exam on Monday. Bring it on.   

Happy sewing and crafting or whatever else you are doing.

K x 



-  

No comments:

Post a Comment