Monday, January 6, 2014

Protein Ball Trial

Gosh I've been lacking some energy of late...  

Thought I'd have a crack at some protein balls.  

I sort of made it up as I went along you know.  As one does. The basis of these babies is dates, raw nuts and protein.  The following recipe is a rough guide ONLY.


Dry: 
Raw Cashews (150g bag) & walnuts (small packet) Blitzed
60g protein powder.  I used the one in the pic but really you could use whatever you can find.
Pinch of salt
couple of dashes of cinnamon

Mix all of the dry ingredients together

Wet:
Medjool Dates - 12-14ish, pitted, you know the fresh ones in the fruit and veg section 
Big dollop of honey
Tablespoon tahini
Big Tablespoon peanut butter
couple of spoons of coconut oil - Just because I had some in the cupboard.

All blitzed together to form a paste and break down the dates.  I actually popped it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to help loosen it up.

Then mix the wet to the dry.  Roll into balls and there you go your very first protein balls.   
My mid afternoon snack is all sorted.

Have a great week.
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment