Saturday, February 26, 2011

I love Saturday mornings.....

There is seriously something about Saturday mornings that I just love.  Poddling about in one's pj's, having coffee and a yummy breakfast, actually taking the time to relax and ease the way into to the day.  Sure beats flying out the door, running late for work.

What to do with the day.  The last couple of weeks of the summer are here, the days are starting to cool off a little bit.  And this is my last weekend of total freedom.  Uni starts up again on Monday night so my head will be back in the books shortly.  I wanted to enjoy my last full weekend of freedom.  As one does. 

So I headed off to Southern Sydney for a spot of shopping at a couple of my favorite haunts.
 
I love it when you park out front of your favorite op shop (second hand shop/thrift for those in the US)  and it is 50% off everything in store.  There where bargains left, right and centre.  I was restrained. 



I couldn't resist.  1001 patchwork designs.  This is bound to provide me hours of fun and ideas for up and coming designs. 

And then off to a little patchwork shop  http://www.julescraftshoppe.com.au/ tucked away in the burbs in Southern Sydney.  I'm currently hunting around for fabric with big writing on it.  I have something brewing away I'm not 100% sure what yet.  I have just been noticing it in quilts that I'm admiring and I don't have any in my stash.  But you know there seriously isn't an awful lot about.  Some script stuff but not big, bold bright writing.  So I'm on the hunt, when I'm out and about.  I picked up a little today, as you can see from above.  & I'm hoping to find some more in my travels.

You know last time I was there I was hassling them out because they had so many templates.  Can I tell you.  Hardly any left :(   I ended up with the Apple core.  Happy camper.  But I wanted the diamond one too.  Oh well.  I will have to wait till next time.  I'm assuming they have all gone due to the recent Kaffe Fasset seminars, and everyone has gotten all inspired to do his diamond quilt with tonnes of colour...  :))  

The apple core has been on my mind for some time now.  So off home I go, with all my little treasures tucked in.

I wanted something bright and with some pink in it.  I don't tend to do too much with pink in it.  So out comes a rolled up scrap pack of bright fabrics from Smokey Joes (most Sydney sider quilters will know smokey joes :)  )  Thought I would put some of it to use. 
So this is where I'm up to this afternoon. 

If you read earlier postings, you will see where my inspiration came from for this quilt.  Amazing how quickly it has all come together. 

I love being able to cut ambidextrously.  ;)) saves me a bit of time. 

Best I dash, the sewing room is calling me.
Happy quilting.

K x




No comments:

Post a Comment