Saturday, February 19, 2011

Life Journeys, and the treasures you collect along the way.......

I added some hand stitching and trim to the journal cover last night.  This got me thinking about the travels Ive experienced, the different places and people I've met along the way. 

Trawling through craft and sewing shops in Paris making my way back to the city from the Sacre Coeur on foot.  Stopping in button shops where it is wall to wall buttons. Locating the only patchwork shop in the city.  Picking up trim, fabric and buttons that I could tuck into my suitcase to bring home.  Bead purchases at Souqs in Morocco, and  


then these little gems.  Hand painted metal buttons from Charles Bridge, Prague.   I picked up a couple when I was there in 2004 and I loved them so much that when friends tell me they are going, I beg them to pick me up some more.  So my collection has been added to over the years as different friends travelled to that amazing city...
I love the rustic look and charm of them, and to know that someone made them and hand painted each one individually.  I think it might be time to use some of them on a couple of journal covers. 

Happy Sewing
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment