Monday, December 24, 2012

The fat man is on his way

Merry Christmas everyone

There is something about taking the time to cook over the Christmas period that I love.  I went trawling through my recipe books looking for a baked cheese cake.  Finally I remembered - Nan used to make a great one.  I went digging through her gorgeous recipe book which is falling apart and stuffed full of all the useful tit bits that a budding housewife needs along with all of her treasured recipes.  I love seeing all of the families different hand writing of different recipes over the years, tried and tested favorite recipes handed around the family.  




Just in case anyone needs any hints on how to be a good housewife.  :)

Recent work road trip.


Lake George - En-route to Canberra (the capital of Australia - Just for those interested)  You can actually see water which is amazing.  The water had been lapping at the road a good 30 years ago but over the years of drought it had dried up.  Fingers crossed for more rain I would love to see it at capacity again.

I will be enjoying some of the simple pleasures over the silly season including time with loved ones, food, laughter and love.   Oh and sun on this side of the planet.  Lots and lots of sun and warm weather.

May you all have a safe and happy holiday.  

K x  

No comments:

Post a Comment