Monday, June 27, 2011

Joining a quilt a long......

So you know, I read lots of blogs.  And I must say I've been actively watching everyone joining the quilt along for The Farmer's Wife.  It has totally been itching at me, nagging in fact.  I have wanted to do a long ongoing project for some time.  So this is a good option to join in and get something cracking for a long term quilting goal.

Well the book arrived today and I better get cracking cause I'm a couple of weeks behind now. 

fwqal button


The Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt Quilt-Along I've been thinking about what fabric to use, whats in the stash that I could just throw into it without having to go and buy any new fabric.  I love the bright colours that some of the other participants are using.  But I must say I have a massive stash of Japanese fabric in purple shades that would look good.  I'll have a dig and see what I can find.  I'm off to office works tomorrow to get the templates laminated, helpful hints from  those eager beavers already off and running.
The FWQAL is hosted by Amanda and Angela, and there are all the details that you might need to know to get started.   Oh, and they have a FWQAL flickr group, too.   So we can all share as we go.

So I have No Excuses (well not yet anyway) and I can totally squeeze it into my week.    

I'm looking forward to getting some of the blocks started.

So come back and check out how I'm going.  Or if my short attention span has kicked in....  :))
Happy days....
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment