Sunday, August 14, 2011

What can you do with a jelly roll?

Seen them everywhere and I have always walked past them. 

Click clack sewing at its best. ... . . . . .  I just happened to nab one on sale, and thought why not try it and out see how it works for me.

I have had this quilt top in mind for quite some time.  Having fabric precut at 2 1/2 inch strips saved heaps of time cutting. 

This is the colour range, really pretty bright colours.  I just happen to have a doona cover and pillow cases in the aqua shade that matched perfectly. 

I have been wanting to get rid of it for some time.  In fact I have been carting it around the country side for about 10 years now.  So I thought I would put it to good use in this project.
Cuts of 6 1/2 inch, 6 rectangles from each strip.
It is coming together beautifully and quickly. 

look out for the next post, I'm hoping to have it all together.









k x

No comments:

Post a Comment